Running an online business and a regular job at the same time? Chances are you end up not being able to do certain things that require your attention but fret not because you can adopt strategies, like these 5 time management tips.
1. The most important thing is to ingrain the mindset that procrastination is not a good thing, especially for business. To stop the habit of procrastinating, always set clear parameters on important tasks you need to accomplish. Write down your goals, or use digital tools, like your mobile phone notes feature or your email’s free calendar feature, to remind yourself of things that need to be done.
2. The next step you need to undertake is to organize things. Make checklists of tasks that need to be prioritized. Step number three is to follow a routine. Allow extra time for your personal needs while following the set routine to get important work done. Scheduling downtime is important; striking a work-life balance can keep you energized and on your toes, and ready to undertake crucial business tasks with an alert mind.
3. Routine tasks like checking email every day can be improved by sorting out clutter mail from really urgent ones. If you’ve also made it part of your routine to check your company website to see if there are comments or queries from potential customers, concentrate on it rather than browsing other sites and reading other interesting links you find on the web. Popular social media networking sites may easily get your attention, but set limits when browsing them.
When setting routine schedules, devise a short-term and long-term plan. Have a daily routine schedule, as well as a weekly, monthly, and annual plan.
4. The fourth time management tip that usually works is to break up bigger tasks into smaller do-able ones. This strategy is suitable when undertaking big projects that require attending to so many details that can be overwhelming all at once.
5. Finally, arrange your workspace (especially if you work at home) so that there are very minimal disruptions. At the same time, you need to be flexible enough so that when clients referred by other people suddenly get in touch, you can deal with them in the most professional manner.
Proper time management can help a lot when running your business. Whether you’re a start-up entrepreneur or a seasoned online retailer, it helps to know and apply some useful time management tips.
If you’re really ready to up your game and create a simple plan to map out your marketing for an entire year in 3 easy steps then you’ll love the Strategic Marketing Planning Templates!
What if you could map out your marketing strategy for an entire year so that you knew where to focus your time + energy every day to reach your goals?
THEN THE MARKETING PLANNING TEMPLATES IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!
A proven system to help you save time by mapping out your marketing strategy for an entire year while prioritizing all your ideas + keeping you laser-focused each day so that you actually reach those goals + know what you need to focus on every single day for an entire year!
hey, I’m Kim + I am ridiculously passionate about helping you to work smarter and not harder + to realize how freaking amazing you actually are, exactly as you are and how easy business really can be when you are in alignment + simplify + add systems to organize your business + plan your business growth. I’ve been geeking out about online business, online marketing + systems + personal development + all that stuff since I created my first business back in 2006 + sold it.
This whole business owner thing is not for the faint of heart, there is a reason why most businesses fail!
While the road to burnout doesn’t look the same for everyone on it there are some similarities you typically experience on this path!
- You’re always in the weeds of your business
- You don’t have efficient systems and processes (or maybe none at all)
- You aren’t delegating effectively
- You can’t take time off
- You’re trying to do too many things at once + wearing all the hats
It’s exhausting just thinking about it! But there’s a way off the hamster wheel!
If you’re overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out, and worried that if you take time off the bottom will fall out from beneath you and your business will fall apart.
Then, you are in the right place my friend, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and I’d love to support you in ending the cycle!