As a person who makes a living by running a business, you have probably experienced being burned out from all the work. You are only human, and getting tired is something all people in the world experience.
The result of such exhaustion brings forth negative results not only to you and to your family, but to your business as well. Feeling unproductive is the pitfall any entrepreneur doesn’t want to experience, so follow these six ways for you to make sure that your efficiency level is maintained no matter how much work you do.
1. It goes without saying that starting the day right is the best way to keep things working consistently. Make it a point to wake up on the right side of the bed. Set your alarm clock to wake you up four hours before you officially do your work. That way, you can have as much time as you want to satisfy your needs as a person. You can do go out to jog, eat a healthy meal, and even study.
2. Once you are about to deal with your business, head straight to the most important part of your work. Refrain from checking your social networking accounts for these will surely distract you for a few minutes. Time is gold.
3. It doesn’t take a genius to know that distractions are the worst enemies of a busy person. If you need to focus on specific tasks, make sure that you are not interrupted by anyone. Place a “do not disturb” sign on your door or, better yet, work in the nearest coffee shop.
4. Here’s a tip that you might have a hard time following. Studies have shown that disconnecting the Internet and simply focusing on the day’s task are great ways to boost one’s productivity.
5. It’s only normal for you to feel stressed out. When that happens, do not hesitate to go outside and take a walk. An exhausted mind always welcomes a change of scenery once in a while. If that would be impossible, listen to classical music. Research has proven that such type of music helps the mind relax.
6. Honesty is important. It doesn’t hurt to set realistic goals for the entire day. If you think your workload is too much, try to put a few things off for tomorrow.
As an entrepreneur, you should follow these six tips in order to raise your productivity level.
hey, I’m Kim + I am ridiculously passionate about helping you to work smarter and not harder + to realize how freaking amazing you actually are, exactly as you are and how easy business really can be when you are in alignment + simplify + add systems to organize your business + plan your business growth. I’ve been geeking out about online business, online marketing + systems + personal development + all that stuff since I created my first business back in 2006 + sold it.
This whole business owner thing is not for the faint of heart, there is a reason why most businesses fail!
While the road to burnout doesn’t look the same for everyone on it there are some similarities you typically experience on this path!
- You’re always in the weeds of your business
- You don’t have efficient systems and processes (or maybe none at all)
- You aren’t delegating effectively
- You can’t take time off
- You’re trying to do too many things at once + wearing all the hats
It’s exhausting just thinking about it! But there’s a way off the hamster wheel!
If you’re overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out, and worried that if you take time off the bottom will fall out from beneath you and your business will fall apart.
Then, you are in the right place my friend, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and I’d love to support you in ending the cycle!