In this post, we are going to talk about how to prioritize your ideas so that you can reach your business goals.
Prioritizing is thinking rationally what comes first. You no doubt have a lot of ideas for your business that could possibly help your business succeed.
The thing is though, it can’t and won’t succeed, not to mention, that pesky little thing called overwhelm if you don’t actually implement those ideas.
What’s a girl to do? Prioritize your ideas, it’s the name of the game.
You need to sort these ideas out and see which of them should be done immediately to help you reach your goals, which can be put on the back burner and of course, which ones to actually cross off your list altogether.
The first thing to do would be to decide which of your ideas are really worth keeping and pursuing.
- List all of them down by doing a quick brain dump, then think about them in the following regards:
Now, take a look at them and decide which are more pressing or appealing to you to grow your business?
- If you actually implemented the ideas what consequence or outcome would there be once they were completed?
- What kind of effort is necessary to complete such ideas.
- Do you have the resources to get these ideas done?
- Do you have the team to get these ideas done?
- How much time are they going to take to implement and see a result?
- Is this idea in alignment with your ideal business model, way of working, etc?
Pro Tip: I like to prioritize by looking at what is going to give me the most bang for my buck in all the areas? + looking at it from a long term + short term perspective too.
In addition, you can start to think about your ideas as to how they might actually relate to each other. For instance, if you implemented x idea would that give you the resources to implement y idea too?
After looking at your ideas in the above way, you will find out which are realistic and which will help your business to succeed.
Now, prioritize your ideas, keeping in mind the reason you are pursuing it and what the outcome shall be.
These are vital details that will help you determine the chronological order of your ideas.
- Which ones are you going to implement first?
- Which ones are you going to do next?
And don’t forget about deleting the ones that just didn’t make the cut, no need to keep those on your to-do list forever if they aren’t worthwhile for you or in alignment, right?
Remember, multi-tasking doesn’t really work, I know as a mom, yeah it kinda does because you have so many balls in the air but let’s be honest something is slipping when you do this, right? Only me?
The thing is, you don’t want to do a half-baked job of implementing or start and never finish or give up too soon when you are so close to the finish line.
- When you work on too many things at once, your family, friends may resent you not to mention you start to resent your business, been there done that! It’s no fun!
- Try to block out time and work on one main project at a time, break it down into baby steps so that they are manageable and you can get it done.
- It will also keep you focused on one thing at a time and greatly increase your odds of actually accomplishing the end goal!
You need to ensure you actually implement your ideas, ideas are great but if you don’t actually implement them well, they don’t really work do they? them so that your business shall flourish.
When you learn to prioritize your ideas your business will be way more successful and you’ll also help to eliminate so much overwhelm.
Speaking of overwhelm, do you have simple systems and processes set up in your business?
This is key to implementing ideas without reinventing the wheel all the time, being able to hire out for support and well, keep your sanity too!
If you feel like you are drowning in the details of your business, and there is just too much stuff to do and too many balls in the air then I invite you to check out
Oh, and you may be interested in the following posts too:
- 3 Easy steps to Reach Your Goals FAST!
- Setting Your Goals, Easily Said, Easily Done!
- Stop working towards your vision, do this instead!
- How to Prioritize Your Day
hey, I’m Kim + I am ridiculously passionate about helping you to work smarter and not harder + to realize how freaking amazing you actually are, exactly as you are and how easy business really can be when you are in alignment + simplify + add systems to organize your business + plan your business growth. I’ve been geeking out about online business, online marketing + systems + personal development + all that stuff since I created my first business back in 2006 + sold it.
This whole business owner thing is not for the faint of heart, there is a reason why most businesses fail!
While the road to burnout doesn’t look the same for everyone on it there are some similarities you typically experience on this path!
- You’re always in the weeds of your business
- You don’t have efficient systems and processes (or maybe none at all)
- You aren’t delegating effectively
- You can’t take time off
- You’re trying to do too many things at once + wearing all the hats
It’s exhausting just thinking about it! But there’s a way off the hamster wheel!
If you’re overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out, and worried that if you take time off the bottom will fall out from beneath you and your business will fall apart.
Then, you are in the right place my friend, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and I’d love to support you in ending the cycle!