This policy (together with our terms of website use (https://rockyourlimits.com/terms-and-conditions) and any other documents referred to on it, like our refund policy and legal disclaimer) sets out the basis on which we Rock Your Limits (RYL) will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site https://RockYourLimits.com For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller.
The terms “we”, “us” and “our”, “RYL” and “Rock Your Limits” refer to Rock Limits, Inc. The term “user,” “you” and “your” refers to site visitors, customers and any other users of the site.
The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us which personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number and email address.
We provide a blog where users can read articles on sales, marketing and small business management and a service where users may purchase digital products related to marketing and small business management (the “Service”).
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
- This policy covers how we treat your personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of our products and services.
- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app? When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, we may ask and/or collect personal information such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data. Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed. Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Information we collect
Product Orders. We collect a variety of personal information with each product order. This includes: Your name, address, email address and phone number. This information is shared with our e-commerce software providers to ensure the delivery of your order. We use your email to communicate with you about your order and to manage our customer relationship with you.
When you place an order you may be added to our mailing list to receive information related to your product order or add ons that may help support your original purchase, This is usually done to get your special bonuses, if you are not already a member of the Rock Your Limits ezine/newsletter you will get a FREE membership once you make a purchase with us, this is so that we can deliver special additional content to you more easily inside the members only area, please see newsletter below for additional info regarding our newsletter policies and what you will receive, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in each email or by contacting us at team (@) rockyourlimits.com
In order to make a purchase with RYL, you MUST be a member of the Rock Your Limits newsletter/ezine if you are not we will add you automatically for FREE at checkout 🙂 And we will give you access to the RYL Biz Vault. $1000’s worth of training, meditations, how to’s, worksheets, cheatsheets and more!
Your payment information. We collect payment information for each order but we do not store payment information on RYL servers. Your payment information is securely communicated to and processed via our e-commerce software providers.
All personal information collected for an order is used for the fulfillment of that order and to manage our customer relationship with you.
Blog Interaction. We only collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us which may include:
Your email address in order to subscribe to our mailing list; Your name, email address and/or social media profile in order to post a comment on our blog via third-party provider, Disqus; Your full name, email address and message in order to comment on our website, in addition Disqus may access your IP address. Please see additional info below regarding the data we collect under the comments section.
Activity. We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
Data we gather
The information you have provided us with. This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
In order to receive any of our free offers, including some bonuses within paid programs, for access to the vault, training, webinars, etc you must be a member of the newsletter/ezine with RYL’s in order to receive these free offers, as we do not grant access to our free offers any other way. The newsletter/ezine consists of regular emails that may contain links, articles, and marketing promotions from RYL’s and it’s trusted partners, of course, you can unsubscribe at any time, but you do need to be a member to receive your freebies/free offers. Membership to the RYL’s newsletter, ezine is free and as stated you can cancel your subscription at any time. RYL’s is in the business of helping you and we are also a business so please do expect that we will send you relevant offers paid and free, if that’s not cool with you that’s okay, just don’t sign up for our free offers 🙂
- We collect personal information when you register with RYL when you use our products or services, when you visit our pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some services, we may also ask for your address or other personal information such as date of birth. Once you register with RYL and sign an agreement or submit an order via our shopping cart, or register to receive a freebie or lead magnet or giveaway that we are offering, or obtain our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, RYL.com cookie information, and the page you request.
- We use information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, and conduct research.
- Once you give us your email address and thus confirm interest in our products and services we may upload these email addresses to Facebook platform and send you advertising offers via Facebook and or Instagram via targeting that we think you would be interested in based on the offers you have engaged with via email and our web pages.
Information Sharing and Disclosure 3rd Party
Sharing. Please be aware that when you use our Site to post comments and share other information, any information that you provide may not be secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- RYL’s does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with RYL under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help RYL communicate with you about offers from RYL and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
Information automatically collected about you.
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
The information you provide is used to process transactions, send periodic emails, information we think you would like based on the information that you have given us or the information that you have reacted with, as well as product/services offers, marketing emails and improve the service we provide. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
When you fill out registration forms, submit your resume, or provide us with other personal information actively, we collect that information for processing and use in accordance with this Policy. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information also may change, but here are some examples of situations in which you will have the opportunity to provide personal information to us:
- Creating an account;
- Signing up for email alerts;
- Signing up for our lead magnets, webinars, cheatsheets, and other free information
- Completing a form related to one of our products or services;
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service;
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to send you information you requested
- to send you information that we think you may be interested in based on other offers you have responded to
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning the things you are interested in as it pertains to the services and products that we provide.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners) all of which are done via one of our email service providers mentioned on this page, campaign offers are a part of our regular newsletters/ezines.
- to send you information regarding your purchases
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than is absolutely necessary which may be considered on a case by case basis.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners: We may share your personal data with 3rd parties as follows:
The RockYourLimits team has access to your data to be able to fulfill our contractual agreements with our customers and clients.
Outsourcing work on specialist tasks, service providers who provide administrative services or IT support professional advisors/consultants including but not limited to attorneys, accountants, auditors, insurers, bankers, for example, sometimes requires me to grant consultants access to your data whenever and wherever this is required to fulfill my legal obligations towards official authorities or to develop and improve my services.
Market research, security companies, and fraud prevention agencies
- Third parties such as our website hosting company that hosts our website, email marketing service providers for sending you emails and/or product updates and the RYL newsletter, credit card processors, for processors such as Jotform – for when you submit a form on our website to contact us or request a session with us)
We require all 3rd parties we do business with and whom we transfer and/or handle your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow 3rd parties to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with specific instructions to keep your data safeguarded. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR compliant.
Connected third parties:
- Please see above.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available via the Internet around the world. We cannot prevent the (mis)use of such information by others. You hereby agree to the transfers of personal information described within this section.
How we secure your data
Security Measures. We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party.
You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security issues and holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We also have additional security monitoring, auditing, and logging plugins that we use to keep our website secure.
We use a security audit logging plugin as a security monitoring and auditing plugin to create a log of data about the ways that our web site is used by those who have login access to it. This information is collected and retained by the web site administrator for, as the name might suggest, security and auditing purposes.
Once activated, the plugin logs a timestamped record of when a logged-in user takes the following actions:
- Logs in and out;
- Creates, deletes or modifies or views a post (be it a page, post or a post with a custom type);
- Creates, deletes or modifies tags;
- Creates, modifies, deletes, or approves comments;
- Creates, modifies or deletes widgets and menus;
- Creates, modifies (this including changing the password), deletes a user or views another users’ profile;
- Installs, activates, deactivates, or uninstalls a theme or plugin;
- Changes system settings such as reading, general, or permalinks;
- (remove as applicable) Takes actions on a multisite network such as creating a new site, creating a new user on the network, adding a user to a site, changing its role, etc;
- (remove as applicable) Takes actions on a BBPress forum such as creating a new forum, deleting entries, changing forum settings, etc;
- (remove as applicable) Takes actions on a WooCommerce installation such as creating a new product, changing store settings, modifying the product, etc.
The timestamped record includes the following information:
- The user’s login name
- The user’s actual name as entered when their account was set up
- The user’s WordPress role (Author, editor, etc)
- The IP address from which the user accessed the site
- The time and date of each action detailed above while the user was logged in.
The data captured by our Security Audit Log is stored by the web site administrator for a period of 12 months solely for security and auditing purposes.
Information captured by our Security Audit Log is accessed only by the administrators of the website and is stored on the web site’s database. These administrators may be located outside the European Union.
Information captured by the security audit log is not shared with third parties except in the case of law enforcement requests.
We also use a Security plugin to help us monitor our website for security threats. Defiant may collect the following types of EU Personal Data: When using the Services Defiant may collect the following Customer Data: originating Internet Protocol (IP) address, proxy IP address, url accessed, complete http header, http request body, and cookies (e.g., Google Analytics, Root Commerce (shopping cart contents), WordPress authentication cookie). When using the site cleaning service, Defiant may download a complete copy of the Customer’s website including the website database which may include Customer Data.
Depending on the settings of a Customer and/or End User’s computer or mobile device (“Device”), Defiant also automatically collects: IP address; MAC address; Device make, model and operating system version; mobile network information; internet service provider; browser type and language; country and time zone in which the Device is located; and metadata stored on the Device. When permitted, Defiant also may collect data about a User’s geographic location through GPS, beacons and similar technology. All of EU Personal Data is collected to operate, manage and improve the Services and ensure the technical functionality and security of the Services.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact forms | Strategy Session Forms | Ask Kim | Surveys
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
YouTube – Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. If you don’t want this to happen you MUST log out of your YouTube account.
YouTube helps us make our website more appealing to the end user and therefore, constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Google Drive/Cloud – We use google drive/cloud storage to share free information with you via the sharing feature from our lead magnets/optins you optin to receive from us and/or from our paid programs. If you are logged into your account we or someone else who is accessing the document in the google drive/cloud may also see your google account at that time. If you do not want someone to see you please log out of your google account before you access this information. You can learn more about Google drive/cloud privacy policies here.
On our pages, plugins of the SoundCloud social network (SoundCloud Limited, Berners House, 47-48 Berners Street, London W1T 3NF, UK) may be integrated. The SoundCloud plugins can be recognized by the SoundCloud logo on our site.
If you don’t want SoundCloud to associate your visit to our site please log out of your SoundCloud account.
SUMO sharing – We use SUMO Sharing to allow you to share our content on social media websites. SUMO has it’s only privacy policies which can be found here.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you opt into our mailing list your information, mainly name and email address and IP address which is automatically collected is stored with our 3rd party email service provider for as long as stay subscribed to our list, or until you ask us to delete the data, if you unsubscribe from our list we purge these records once a year to keep the database clean, if you would like your information removed sooner, you can contact us to do so.
If you submit a contact form, request for strategy session form and complete a survey this information is stored in JotForm indefinitely to improve the customer service experience and make decisions regarding our business offerings. You, of course,e may ask us to delete this data at any time using the contact form.
We use Google Analytics to help improve our site. Click here to opt-out..
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services. Our email marketing tool to help us track users interest and deliver specific content based on this tracking. You can opt out of the tracking by not accepting our cookies policy and the site will be loaded without tracking you via our 3rd party email provider.
- Advertising/Marketing cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- You can stop accepting cookies at anytime if you already accepted them, just use this button : -)
We use the Wordfence security plugin to help us monitor our site for threats.
3rd Party Link Disclosure:
RYL website and/or emails may contain links to affiliate products that we recommend and when you sign up through our affiliate link we may receive a commission. Please know that we only recommend 3rd parties that we know and trust at the time. (ie. we get paid if you sign up for the service).
Deleting your personal data from our site.
You can delete your personal data that our website gathers about you by visiting our privacy tools page here.
You can delete information you have added to our site via page or blog post contribution etc via the dashboard of your account when you are logged into our account on this site.
If you would like to be deleted from our other systems such as email campaigns, shopping cart, etc, please use the contact form and we will be happy to assist you as soon as possible and will delete your data within the 30 day required timeframe to delete your data.
The Service is controlled, operated and administered by RYL from our offices here in the USA. If you access our site or services from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the RYL Content accessed through RockYourLimits.com in any manner or country where it is prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
Rock Your Limits Inc
Team (@) RockYourLimits.com
Notification of Changes to this Policy
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Site and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this page.
Last modification was made on July 2018.