I don’t about you but sometimes I just want to give up, I can’t believe in even wrote that to you. You know, since I am “supposed” to have my stuff together and all that.
But here’s the thing, it’s true, and the truth is that I know you probably feel the same way too, and me sitting here and pretending that I don’t feel that way sometimes just makes you feel worse because let’s be real, it’s just not real. This is real life and sometimes, you want to give up, or at least I do, lol.
I promised myself and now I am promising to you that if I am going to send you these emails or write blog posts or put stuff on social media that it’s going to be real.
I don’t know about you but I am so freaking tired of the facade that folks put up online and pretend that everything is all honky dory and behind the scenes is like a cluster f*ck of a mess. for real. I know because I have been there done that and I have personally worked with some of these folks in the past and the image they portray online is far from who they really are.
And I am tired of it, it paints this false picture that this is the way it is. Happy, go lucky and all things working out all the time. And you know what, its a lie. Not always but let’s be real nobody’s life is 100% perfect because if it were, you probably wouldn’t be here would you? I don’t think so, I mean that’s the point, we are learning and evolving.
But I digress, at least for now. But not without saying that it’s okay to feel this way sometimes. That if you feel like sometimes you want to give up its cool, it usually means you are resisting something, and if you stop resisting that thing and “give into it” the thing that scares you then it will melt away and things will go back to “normal”.
I just wanted to let you know that if you feel like giving up sometimes, its cool, its okay and you are totally normal, actually it’s really common its just that it usually doesn’t get talked about online just behind closed doors, you know to keep up the facade.
Man, that is just exhausting. So there, I said, sometimes I want to give up, like when it feels like nothing is going right and the walls feel like they are closing in around you and just can’t seem to get out of your own way. That’s when you gotta give in, and let go, to surrender. The only way out is through. Give in and you will be okay, the solution will be presented to you.
You are not really giving up, you are giving up trying to control it all. And that is a big difference because when you try to control it all that’s when you want to give up, because it’s not working because if it was working you would not want to give up. 🙂
Just know that it’s okay and you are not alone.
I totally believe in you and things will work out.
I know this because us folks, the ones who are here for the long haul, we aren’t really going anywhere. Sometimes, I kid that I’ll give this all up and get a real “job” I know some days my husband and family would love that, in so many ways it would be way easier. I know I could make a lot of money, have the security and all that stuff you are supposed to want.
But the truth is, deep down inside, and I suspect that this is true for you too, it doesn’t matter. Because the truth is if it was about that stuff, I would have really given up and given into the “man” a long, long time ago, but at this point in my journey, 10+ years in business and counting, it’s just not who I am.
Because deep down inside, I have a burning desire to succeed, no matter the cost, I know this is what I want, there is a bigger purpose unfolding every day, and if I don’t do my part, than there are others who cant do there part. And things that I am after, fulfillment, freedom, and more they are only found when I follow my heart, and my heart is in this, for the long haul, no matter what. It’s who I am, it’s who you are.
I hope that this inspires you to keep on going if that is what you choose to create in this life.
Sometimes, often times the past isn’t easy, but man is it worth it, to create this life and business that you truly desire, that’s something no one can take away from you, no matter what.
And if you need a little motivation be sure to follow these 5 simple steps 🙂
1. Maintain a Positive Attitude – Let’s realize that life is only 10% of what happens to us and 90%how we react to it.
2. Leave your troubles where they belong. Don’t allow yourself to drag your personal troubles around within your biz and vice versa, give yourself permission to “check out” from those problems and focus on what you need to focus on with the “task” at hand.
3. Create positive affirmations to give yourself little check-ins. (If you aren’t following me on Instagram yet, do that here, I share daily motivational affirmations. :-))
4. Make Sure Break Times Are Really Break Times – This is an area where most bosses/entrepreneurs fall down. You become so intense about the project or situation you’re working on that you don’t ease up. Thinking that it’ll be solved in the next few seconds, and then you’ll get a cup of coffee can lead you right up to quitting time.
5. Exercise – a few months ago I finally re-joined the gym, something I have not done since before my son was born, who is now 10, seriously, that’s a long time. But since I have joined and made the commitment to go it’s been amazing, I have so much more energy and I feel more positive and in my body, which is great for manifesting. 🙂
Oh, btw, if you didn’t grab your free GDPR checklist, you can do that here.
Remember, it’s now or never, Rock Your Limits baby!
You got this, and I believe in you.
Much Love, xox, Kim
hey, I’m Kim + I am ridiculously passionate about helping you to work smarter and not harder + to realize how freaking amazing you actually are, exactly as you are and how easy business really can be when you are in alignment + simplify + add systems to organize your business + plan your business growth. I’ve been geeking out about online business, online marketing + systems + personal development + all that stuff since I created my first business back in 2006 + sold it.
This whole business owner thing is not for the faint of heart, there is a reason why most businesses fail!
While the road to burnout doesn’t look the same for everyone on it there are some similarities you typically experience on this path!
- You’re always in the weeds of your business
- You don’t have efficient systems and processes (or maybe none at all)
- You aren’t delegating effectively
- You can’t take time off
- You’re trying to do too many things at once + wearing all the hats
It’s exhausting just thinking about it! But there’s a way off the hamster wheel!
If you’re overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out, and worried that if you take time off the bottom will fall out from beneath you and your business will fall apart.
Then, you are in the right place my friend, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and I’d love to support you in ending the cycle!