Business systems are a recognized way for businesses to save time and money by making their operations more efficient. A business system is loosely defined as a series of processes designed to help an organization achieve a certain objective.
There are many types of business systems, ranging from shipping and inventory management systems that are designed to fulfill a particular function to more general management information systems and knowledge management systems for meeting more general needs such as acquiring information for decision-making purposes.
If you would like to create business systems for your organization, there are some tips that can help you:
- Decide what needs your organization has that a business system can meet. For example, do you need to make your accounting system more efficient? Do you need to gather more information for strategic, long-term decision making?
- Choose which type of business system is best suited to meet your needs. Since there may be some overlap between business systems, you may need to decide which one is the closest fit to your particular requirements.
- Decide which processes need to be included in the business system to meet the desired objective. For example, if you want to improve your accounting system, the processes you may need to include in your system are improved recording of expenses and liabilities, double-checking of entries and more efficient record keeping.
- Test the system to see how well it meets your objectives. If there are any processes that don’t work, they may need to be changed or modified to better meet the business system’s goals.
- Document the business system in your operations manual to ensure that it becomes part of your company’s standard operating procedure. This means that staff assigned to implement the system will follow the procedures recorded in the manual.
- Repeat the procedure for any other business systems that you may need to implement.
Hey, would you like access to the 10 Key Business Systems every online business needs? Grab access inside the Rock Your Limits Vault of Business Resources below NOW!
In order to help create more manageable business systems, you might want to divide the organization into more manageable units and implement smaller sub-systems rather than attempting to create a more sweeping and unwieldy one.
It also makes tweaking the business system to address weaknesses and inefficiencies easier since only smaller adjustments need to be made.
Are you frustrated with feeling like you are working so much but still broke and things are just not getting done?
FREE TRAINING ($97 Value) Discover 3 Keys to Unlock Freedom + Cash Flow in Your Biz so that You can Stop working so hard in your business, and start making massive money and have more free time!
hey, I’m Kim + I am ridiculously passionate about helping you to work smarter and not harder + to realize how freaking amazing you actually are, exactly as you are and how easy business really can be when you are in alignment + simplify + add systems to organize your business + plan your business growth. I’ve been geeking out about online business, online marketing + systems + personal development + all that stuff since I created my first business back in 2006 + sold it.
This whole business owner thing is not for the faint of heart, there is a reason why most businesses fail!
While the road to burnout doesn’t look the same for everyone on it there are some similarities you typically experience on this path!
You’re always in the weeds of your business
You don’t have efficient systems and processes (or maybe none at all)
You aren’t delegating effectively
You can’t take time off
You’re trying to do too many things at once + wearing all the hats
It’s exhausting just thinking about it! But there’s a way off the hamster wheel!
If you’re overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out, and worried that if you take time off the bottom will fall out from beneath you and your business will fall apart.
Then, you are in the right place my friend, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and I’d love to support you in ending the cycle!
You’re invited to access the training + 1 pager worksheet NOW!
Discover 3 Keys to Unlock Freedom + Cashflow in Your Business so that You can Stop working so hard, plug the leaks in your business so that you can unplug from your business and actually have free time to enJoy your life + love your business again!