Increasing numbers of online businesses makes it difficult for everyone to be successful in this field. Online businesses need a sufficient amount of targeted web traffic in order to sell their products more effectively.
To have increased amounts of web traffic you have to advertise, advertising creates targeted traffic and targeted traffic means more sales.
Here are a few ways to get interested people in your website.
- Write an article about the product you are selling and post it to an article website. This is a great way to promote your product and inviting them to visit your website.
In addition, it is usually free to get your articles in a website. All you have to do is write about your product and submit it for posting.
However, to be successful in this form of advertising, you have to write articles that are both entertaining and informative to get interested readers hooked on reading it.
To find out if your article is worth reading, ask your family or friends to read it and get their opinions before posting it to websites.
Also, do not forget to include your website’s URL in the end of your article.
- The visitors in your website themselves is a great source of advertising, they usually recommend their friends to visit your website and spreads from there, resulting in higher targeted traffic. For this to happen, your website should also be “attention grabbing”.
A website should at least grab your visitor’s attention the moment they enter your site. For this, you need something to keep your visitors in your website.
So what is this “something” you need to grab people’s attention? Consider the title of your webpage. Try something that would interest your visitors into staying. Do not put in the name of your company, it would be too formal or boring.
Try something fun related to the product you are selling followed by an article. Keep in mind to keep your site as user-friendly as possible.
- You can also advertise on websites that sells the same product as you are. Ask the webmaster of the site to exchange advertising link with you.
This can bring targeted traffic to your website. You might think that advertising for your competitor is not a good way to do business, but keep in mind that the competitor is also advertising for you and brings in targeted traffic the same, as you are bringing traffic for them.
Think of it as a partnership. Keep in mind to advertise in only quality websites.
- Another effective way to invite targeted traffic to your website is buying advertising space on websites that discuss topics about your product. You can be sure that the people visiting your website are interested and may possibly buy your product.
- Participating in discussion groups that have topics about the product you are selling is also a great way to increase traffic in your website.
Try to answer people’s questions about the product, and always remember to include your website’s URL after every post. This would get them to think you are knowledgeable about the subject and would consider visiting your site.
Answering their questions accurately but limitedly will get them curious. Add lines like: “for more information visit my website at www.mywebsite.com”.
- Get listed on popular search engines such as Google or Yahoo. Getting traffic from popular search engines are not often free but can really improve traffic to your website. Make sure that your website is finished and fully functional before you get your website listed.
Although having high traffic in your website is a good thing, but as people say “too much of a good can also be bad”. This is true in web traffic, too much of it can slow down or prevent users to access your website.
This is because of too much file uploads and downloads request that your server simply cannot handle it. This can be caused by too many people that are trying to access your website at the same time or attacks from viruses.
When this happens, you will be forced to shut down your website and can affect your business negatively.
Because of this be sure to only advertise in websites related to your product to ensure targeted traffic, do not advertise in websites that is irrelevant to your product as it will only bring unwanted traffic.
Also, if you only have a small online business, do not advertise in very popular sites. Big companies advertises in very popular websites because they have better servers that can handle the traffic.
hey, I’m Kim + I am ridiculously passionate about helping you to work smarter and not harder + to realize how freaking amazing you actually are, exactly as you are and how easy business really can be when you are in alignment + simplify + add systems to organize your business + plan your business growth. I’ve been geeking out about online business, online marketing + systems + personal development + all that stuff since I created my first business back in 2006 + sold it.
This whole business owner thing is not for the faint of heart, there is a reason why most businesses fail!
While the road to burnout doesn’t look the same for everyone on it there are some similarities you typically experience on this path!
- You’re always in the weeds of your business
- You don’t have efficient systems and processes (or maybe none at all)
- You aren’t delegating effectively
- You can’t take time off
- You’re trying to do too many things at once + wearing all the hats
It’s exhausting just thinking about it! But there’s a way off the hamster wheel!
If you’re overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out, and worried that if you take time off the bottom will fall out from beneath you and your business will fall apart.
Then, you are in the right place my friend, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and I’d love to support you in ending the cycle!